Succeeding at the SLE (Second Language Exam) is not our only goal as we feel that the language being learned should last a lifetime.
The training method used for all Federal employees is: Programme de français langue seconde (PFL2) which is the CSPS communication-based training program focusing on French in the workplace:
– Profile A & B-The beginner and intermediate levels
– Profile C- The advanced level
The 4 components of the language testing are the same for all profiles, but in varying degrees of tolerable error margin concerning the understanding, ambiguity, or clarity of the messages:
- Aural comprehension
- Reading comprehension
- Written expression
- Oral Interaction
This method is available in an online format for all federal employees by accessing their ‘myaccount’ at: https://idp.csps-efpc.gc.ca/idp/Authn/UserPassword . All instructors come to class with the related teaching material.
In addition to the prescribed method, The Language Studio also incorporates the following accompaniments into individual training plans:
• Industry/department specific: Students will work on technical documents and vocabulary related to their field of work such as regulations, policies, programs, procedures, correspondence, etc.
• Written Expression: 1000 practice tests similar to those at the PSC that have been developed by TLS to be completed by the students autonomously, and then corrected with the instructor.
• Aural/Reading/Oral interaction: 150 pages of oral questions and role-play simulation exercises emulating those of the PSC.
CUSTOMIZATION OF PROGRAMS
- Each student has a personally developed training plan
- Training is overseen by a Program Manager and Pedagogical Advisor
- Intensive training will be shared among several teachers in to enrich the experience and to contribute to diversity of accents, intonations, pedagogical approaches.
- Oral exam preparation will see an increased diversity of training.
- Online delivery method.
- Flexibility of scheduling and rescheduling includes evenings and weekends.
Send us your requirements and your test results (from the PSC); we would be pleased to provide you with a personalized quote.
We can provide in-house assessments with a Pedagogical Advisor.